To minimize the bottleneck Monday afternoon, here’s what we need:
1. Arrivals: You should have already sent your arrival information to Chris, and have your plan in place. On the day of travel, if your plans are significantly delayed or otherwise change at the last minute, please call Tommy Airey at: 949-842-9503. During the Institute we will organize your return trips to Ventura, LAX, etc.
• If you are arriving for pick-up in Ventura (Airporter or Amtrak) from LAX, please give us a 20 min. window before you call wondering where we are. There may be other Institute participants on the Ventura Shuttle van, so feel free to get to know them en route!
• See the attached Annotated Map 2018 for a plan of the Forest Home Campus.
• If you are arriving by car to the Oak Ridge Inn, Oak View’s only motel, check in any time after 2 pm on Monday. Your name will already be registered and room assigned and paid for. Scott, the manager, takes care of our friends!
• If you are arriving by car to Forest Home Camp on Monday, and are staying in the cabins or tents, please park in the lower parking lot, then come up to Allen Hall to the registration desk to be assigned your tent or cabin. We will likely use Cabins 1 and 2 as needed, and tents will be in the Creekside village (refer to attached map - Annotated Map 2018).
• If you are arriving by car to Forest Home Camp on Monday but are staying off campus, please park in the upper parking lots and proceed to Allen Hall to register between 3 and 5pm.
• If you are commuting, or arriving by car to Forest Home Camp on Tue, Wed or Thu, please drive directly to the Upper Campus (there is parking) and look for the registration table near the entrance to Allen Hall.
2. Registration at Forest Home begins at 3 pm; please do not arrive before then. You’ll receive an Institute program book, nametag and Camp wristband (required), and hand to us or fill in your medical consent form (see below). To save on paper we are inviting people to ‘go paperless’ - Those who indicate they are happy to go paperless will not receive a program book. If you are happy to go paperless please email Chris at email@example.com.
• Classes and Workshops: The options will be detailed in another email being sent to you on Monday 2/12. Class and workshop sizes are limited to 15, so please indicate your top two choices for each Tues, Wed and Thurs opportunity. Email your preferences to Chris at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 2/16 9am PST (12pm EST) and we will do our best to meet your desires. You will confirm your choices on Monday at the registration table – if you haven’t indicated a preference to us, you can sign up at registration. Late afternoon caucuses and Wed. field trips are open, limited only by logistics!
• Medical Consent Form. Attached please find a PDF copy of the Forest Home “Adult Registration and Medical Consent” form. The Camp requires that each conference participant who comes on campus for more than 4 hours must fill out this form, and we would appreciate your cooperation (it has to do with their insurance requirements). You only need to fill in the areas highlighted yellow - You can decline to fill out the general health history and your insurance information, but we do need the top registration info and allergies (bottom of pg 1) sections, and your signature on the back (pg 2). Please print it out, fill it in and have it handy to give us when you register (things go much more quickly if you don’t have to sit there and fill it out on site, though we’ll have copies of the form at registration). Do NOT, however, send it to us electronically.
3. Orientation is in Allen Hall on Monday at 5.00 pm, followed by a short welcome. Dinner is at 5:30 pm, and our first plenary program begins at 6.45 pm.