1. If necessary, please rename your video panel to your registered name. 2 ways to do this:
- 3 dots in top right-hand corner of your video panel.
- Or click on “Participants List” button, then in the upper right, click on your name, then select “more,” then select “rename”
- For small group participants only, be sure to include your group number eg 1-Chris Wight
2. Turn on your video if possible. Helps in creating a good environment, especially for small group discussions. However, we will be live for the duration of the Institute, and will record sessions, so if you do not wish to have your image broadcast, turn your video OFF.
3. Keep your mic turned off (called ‘Mute My Audio’ in Zoom). Prevents distracting noise during the meeting. On phones, easy mic-off using *6
4. Use “chat” function (panel appears on right side) to let the Zoom Producer know if you need help/assistance.
5. Locate the reactions button and be comfortable using them.
6. For those going into small groups, immediately make note of your group number and facilitator’s name. This will help us get you reconnected if you have to sign-in again.
7. Trigger Warnings: Because our program is mostly live, with a variety of voices discussing serious matters, there may be trauma triggers. Similarly, the Memorial session will contain a few images of people who have passed away that some may need to avoid because of cultural protocols. Please practice discretion and self-care.